Wednesday 6 May 2009

DIY wedding handbag: part 1 - what bag should i make?

as we will be having a low key simple wedding ceremony, there will be minimal ornametal decoroations (ie paying professionals to arrange flowers, arches, red carpet...) i thought it would be nice and practical to have a handbag - 1) a pretty pattern will create an accent 2)hold all the tissues, camera, mobile, rings etc... 3) to match my shoes! (on that later)
so what to make? (not what to buy!)

the bag that actually caught my eye was selling at witchery - a satin clutch with skinny silver snake chain... it had vertical folded details and a zip closure...
after having second look at my vintage kimono fabric (that later too when i have time to talk about my shoes), and another look at my outfit for the day (simple ivory 50s/60s dress), i thought - clutch + handbag... that's it

i began folding the fabric over the backing material... hmm that might work...

a rounded edge would suit...

No comments: