Wednesday 23 April 2008

is pumpkin really 9c/kg?

my workmate stunned me today by telling me that pumpkin was reduced to 9c/kg at aldi! then i had a peek at macrowhole foods after work and the organic version was also at a bargain price of $1.49/kg (that was what normally non organic pumpkins would cost)...

has there been a bumper pumpkin harvest this year unbeknown to me? and why is that my veg patch only yielded 5 pumpkins this season (from out of 1/2 dozen pumpkin plants?!)

no matter what, i remain proud of my organically home grown pumpkins...

they are not big, but looks lovely in their individual asymmetry...


they were cooked into cubes...

added in soups (apparently good for the health of mucous membranes if prepared in the form of a warmingly nourishing chinese soup containing black eye peas, dried red dates, pumpkin, lean pork meat)


they were also mashed and housed into ravioli - yum, but too rich for mcduck

No comments: