Monday 11 January 2010

hot summer "liquid breakfast" in ice bath

sydney has gone tropical of late... the weather has been muggy humid and hot hot hot...
when i came back from yoga into our lounge room of 29 degrees (still 9-ish in the morning)... the heat just put me off breakfast...
but i have already expended lots of energy with my morning exercise and my stomach was growling... what to do?
thanks to mcduck's x'mas pressie, circa 2006 (or was it 2007?)... i could whip up my all in one liquid breaky in a flash...
for my all in one liquid breaky...
1 or 1 1/2 crushed wheatbix, few tsp flaxseeds, semiskim milk...


and the all important banana... yup no sugar or honey...

blitzed...

i did not have frozen banana and i didn't use frozen watermelon this time...
but i refrained from blitzing icecubes - 1) i didn't want to blunt the blades 2) i didn't want the melting ice to dilute my breaky ...

so taking inspiration from my food memories from a hk cafe...
i did my own "ice-packed/ice-stabilised" drink, in this case my breaky smoothie...
let it rest for several minutes... my breaky drink became icy cold... and i instantly felt cooler and more satisfying (for my stomach) in this ridiculous sydney summer heat...

yum!

No comments: